About me: Hey, there! My name is Mikaela and I am a lover of all things productivity and personal growth! Here are a few quick facts about me:
- I am a full time employee for an international child development organization.
- I am a grad student, working on my MA in International Development.
- I love hanging out with kids and am passionate about ensuring that all children have loving families.
- I enjoy travel and hope to live abroad someday.
- I am always busy (see the first two facts), so I am constantly looking for ways to be more efficient and productive.
- I love goals!
About Jamimico: Jamimico is a community of like-minded women who want to take the needed steps to improve their lives and start finding value both in and out of their day jobs.
Not too long ago, I got tired of the same-old, same-old and started to really think about what it would take to make some valuable changes in my life. I realized that everything I was struggling with could be summed up into three areas: personal growth, productivity, and financial freedom.
With that in mind, I created Jamimico as a space to share what I’m learning and to encourage other women as they decide to start the journey towards a more fulfilling life, too.
I’m looking forward to getting to know you and hope that Jamimico is a place of inspiration and encouragement to you and that you love it here as much as I do!
A note about the name: I know a few of you have been wondering about the name, so I wanted to share a little about where it came from.
Jamimico is the combination of my initials and my husband’s initials. It’s also what we’ve decided to name our homestead, so, to me, it represents home and family. I chose to name the blog Jamimico because it’s my hope that you’ll find this blog to be lovely and encouraging, just like home.
Want to join the Jamimico community? Subscribe to my email list!